Certain beauty skills have a take-it-or-leave-it quality. Learning them is great, but it’s not exactly essential. By the same token, there are also important beauty skills every woman must know. Keep these essential beauty tips in mind, and you’ll always have a safety net.
How To Apply Bronzer
This definitely falls under the umbrella of important beauty skills every woman should know:
• Make sure you pick the right shade. Ideally, you want something that’s one or two degrees deeper than your complexion. Opt for gold over orange.
• Start with a big, angled brush making sweeps over the face at a forty-five degree angle.
• Use soft, sweeping strokes to have everything blended out.
• For the jawline/hairline, go with a larger brush, while eliminating excess product before starting.
• Start from the center of the forehead, and make your way towards your temples.
• Starting under your ear, move the bronzer towards the chin.
How To Use Contouring
Contouring doesn’t have to be tricky at all:
• Get a contour palette or simply utilize foundation.
• Highlighter should be 1 shade lighter than the skin, while contour should go a couple of shades darker.
• Begin by applying the lighter color to the topmost part of the cheekbones, then underneath the eyes, and then in an upside down triangle along the forehead.
• Soften the surrounding areas with a flat-foundation-brush.
• Have the darker color applied to the hollow of the cheekbones, under the chin, through the depths of your temples, and along the hairline.
• Use a blending brush to gently work at blending the edges.
• Blending from the forehead into the hairline creates appealing halo looks.
• Having contour applied to the side of your nose creates a nice shadow look, gives the nose a solid, angular aesthetic.
• A cleaned, damp sponge is great for picking up any product that doesn’t need to be there.
• Translucent powders might be necessary for those who get oily afterwards.
Why You Need Lip Gloss
You know how to apply lip gloss, but do you know why it’s such a vital tool?
• It enhances your nude lipstick.
• It can give additional dimensions to your matte makeup.
• It can be used in conjunction with a wide variety of approaches to a decidedly feminine look.
• Combining natural products with pink lip gloss can eliminate the need for pink lipstick altogether.
• In fuchsia form, it can look amazing.
• If you want to have smoky eyes, lip gloss can provide the perfect complement to what you want to achieve.