All skin care activities are determined by its type. To determine which type of skin you have, you can do a simple experiment. Press a thin paper napkin tightly against a clean face. If it clearly appear oily spots, then you have oily skin. Barely noticeable spots indicate that the skin is of normal type. If there are no traces left on the napkin, then the skin is dry.
Normal skin is not common. It is soft and elastic, there are no enlarged pores, black and red spots on it. Such a nice look normal skin acquires due to the optimal content of moisture and grease.
However, even those women who were lucky enough to have normal skin should not forget about caring for it. With age, the amount of sebum and moisture decreases, the skin fades, turns pale, thin and becomes dry.
Dry skin in youth, too supple, beautiful color, not shiny and has a nice matte finish and pores very small, very discreet. Since dry skin is gentle and delicate, she is highly responsive and reacts instantaneous irritation even minor stressors. With age, wrinkles deepen, red spots appear on the skin. Extremely harmful for this type of skin are sudden temperature fluctuations, wind, frost, and washing with cold water and soap. With the wrong care, dry skin becomes excessively sensitive even to neutral cosmetics.
Oily skin looks thick, rough and shiny due to increased sebum production. On it visible enlarged pores. If the oily skin is not cared for, the pores are clogged with dirt, inflamed, acne appears on the wings of the nose, chin, in the forehead area. It is to her most often used the term “problem skin”. This type of skin is typical for adolescence, especially during puberty, when the sebaceous glands begin to function more actively. Strengthening their work can also accompany pregnancy, some diseases of the glands of internal secretion, disorders of the gastrointestinal tract and disorders of the nervous system. In addition, the activity of sebaceous glands increases the abuse of fatty, spicy, smoked, sweet and salty foods. To normalize sebum secretion, is enough to change your diet to include more vegetable and dairy products. Oily skin requires the most careful care. At the combined type on a forehead, a nose and a chin skin fat, and on temples, cheeks and under eyes — dry. This type of skin usually happens in 20-35 years. Over the years, sebaceous glands cease to work actively, and all fatty areas become drier. Combination skin requires appropriate care.
Important rules of facial skin care
Regardless of skin type, it is necessary to observe several important rules when maintaining it in a healthy condition:
- Apply masks, creams and make-up on the face along the lines of the least stretching of the skin. They are on the lower jaw from the middle of the mouth to the auditory passage of the ear; from the middle of the upper lip and the lateral surface of the nose to the upper edge of the ear; on the upper eyelid from the inner corner of the eye to its outer corner; on the lower eyelid from the outer corner of the eye to the nose; from the middle of the forehead to the side of the temples. On his forehead is the line of least stretching of the skin parallel to the growth direction of the eyebrows. On the nose they are on ridge of the nose to the tip and from the ridge of the nose down the wings.
- Cleansing, nourishing and massaging the skin of the face and neck, in any case do not use hard brushes, rough sponges and towels. Do not think that rough treatment hardens the skin, on the contrary, it harms it. As a result, the skin grows old and fades faster, wrinkles and microcracks appear on it.
- Even if you are very tired at the end of the day, do not go to bed without removing makeup.
- Moisturize your skin daily. Use special means or ordinary mineral water.
- To keep the skin supple, drink at least 2 liters of liquid daily, include as many fresh vegetables and fruits as possible in the diet.