Beauties with straight hair often throw envious glances at those walking around with thick, bouncy curls that seem to defy gravity. But many girls, who are given curly hair by nature, have numerous troubles with it, despite the extremely attractive and romantic image. It’s not unusual for them to spend a lot of time struggling to style their hair.
Hairstyles for medium-length curly hair can be quite simple in styling, especially if you know the tricks to it. Playing around with different styles leads to more experience, so you can minimize the amount of time needed for styling, and leave the house always looking your best.
In itself, loose curly hair looks beautiful, however the hairstyles listed below for curly hair help you look amazing anywhere – at home, at work or out on the town.
- Strands are smoothed with a brush and fixed with a thin elastic band whether on the back of the head or at the crown.
- One lock of hair is separated, braided into a thin braid and then wrapped around the base of the tail, serving as a ribbon.
- The tip needs to be tucked in and pinned with a small hairpin or bobby pin.
- Hair is combed and richly treated with a softening and moisturizing spray.
- Then strands are divided into a side parting.
- Make waves with your hands, each wave is fixed with a long barrette.
- Fix the hairstyle with hairspray.
After drying, carefully remove the barrettes and spray the waves with hairspray.
Malvina – another popular hairstyle. Young little girls are not the only ones who like it; adults with such styling also look very cute. The essence of the hairstyle is smooth strands on the front part of the head and curls that fall freely on the shoulders.
- Hair on the forehead can be slightly combed to increase it in volume.
- Then the strands are smoothed with a flat brush and fixed with bobby pins between the crown and nape.
- You may slightly raise the front part and shift it to the forehead, forming a small cowlick.
- Long bangs can be pinned with the bulk of the hair and elegantly put on the forehead.
- The hairstyle can be decorated with a flat a decorative hairpin-bow or an artificial flower.
- Strands need to be carefully combed and collected in a low tail in the center of the head or slightly to the side.
- Twist curls into a loose braid, then wrap them around the tail’s base and fasten with hairpins matching your hair color.
- You may release some thin locks from the bun and let them dangle freely over your temples.
Hairstyles for short curly hair
When your hair length is the main source of problems – short haircuts for curly hair come in handy for unruly hair. In such cases – easy everyday styling can be done in a matter of minutes.
- Apply a small amount of gel or wax on clean wet hair, slightly squeezing short strands and randomly pushing them up.
- Let them dry themselves.
This styling creates a business-like image for official occasions or an elegant look for a personal meeting.
- Apply styling foam to clean hair.
- Make a side parting, dividing the hair into 2 unequal parts.
- Straighten the smaller part with a hair dryer or iron. If necessary, fix with bobby pins or flat hairpins.
- Style the bigger part more chaotically, giving the hair volume at the roots.
- Fix the hairstyle with a hairspray.
Hairstyles for thick curly hair
- Gather together the front strands of hair and form a sloppy bun on the back of your head.
- You can complement the hairstyle with several bright barrettes or jewel encrusted hairpins.
- Just make a ponytail pulling the rubber band high at the crown.
- Then simply let your hair fall down freely.
- Comb your bangs up and fix them with a bobby pin at the crown.
Hairstyles for curly hair with braids
- Make a French braid or a reverse French braid, starting from the side.
- Stretch the strand to get additional volume.
- Lay the braid on the side in the form of a snail. Fix with hairpins.
- Divide the hair into 3 approximately equal parts.
- Make a braid from each part.
- Twist all the braids into a single one.
Hairstyles for shoulder-length curly hair
Bun of strands
This is a variation of a classic hairstyle that will emphasize the beauty of your hair. It is not a problem if you haven’t got much time – all you need is a rubber band and some hairpins.
- Dry your hair, lay it on one side and divide into two equal parts. Do not lay them on the other side.
- Twist each part, starting at the roots and ending at the tips. Each part should be twisted in one direction.
- Then weave them together in the opposite direction, starting from the roots. In other words, if you initially twisted them clockwise (to the right), now you should twist your hair counterclockwise (to the left).
- Fasten the end with a rubber band. The rubber band will blend in with your hair if its color is similar.
- Make a bun at the base of the head, tilted slightly to one side, then fasten it with hairpins.
This hairstyle will create a romantic image, and it is easier to make it than it seems at the first sight. All you need is an elastic headband and a few bobby pins.
- Put a headband on your head under the hair so that it goes around the head under the occipital bone.
- Push your hair under the headband with strands 2.5 to 5 centimeters long starting from behind the ears. Twist each strand to make a curl. Do the same with all the hair until it all gets under the headband.
- If necessary, fasten the headband with some bobby pins.
- The headband should only be visible from the front.
Hairstyles for curly hair with bangs
This hairstyle goes well with a bob hairstyle and a narrow face type.
- The hair should be clean and slightly wet.
- Apply mousse to wet hair spreading it evenly along the entire length, but do not overdo it.
- Dry the hair and form curls, giving volume at the roots.
- Straighten the bangs with an iron and fix it with hairspray.
Perfect for those with slightly curly hair – especially when it is damp outside, and it is hard to keep your hair straight.
- The hair should be clean and dry.
- Make a side parting and lay the bangs to the side.
- Coil your hair up half the length with a curling iron. Curls should be large, so grab thicker strands.
- Comb your hair and adjust the curls at your discretion.
- Fix styling with a hairspray.