Going to a salon every time you want a pedicure can get really expensive. If you’ve ever wanted a salon-like pedicure without the salon prices, you can easily give yourself a pedicure at home for cheap! You already probably have a few of the necessary tools and definitely already have your favorite nail polish handy to save some money and still have fabulous toes! Here’s how to do a pedicure at home:
1. Get supplies. Before you get started, you’ll need a few things to get your pedicure just right. Make sure you have a foot scrub, manicure tool kit, cuticle softener and remover, toe separators, base coat, top coat, your favorite nail polish color, a towel and a file.
2. Soak your feet in warm water, either in a basin or your tub. You can then add some sort of soap (body wash, hand soap, etc.) and dip your feet in to let soak for a few minutes. The water will soften your calluses.
Find out how to remove gel manicure yourself
3. After about five minutes, remove your feet from the water and while they’re still went, scrub them with a foot file, focusing on your feet’s rougher areas like the heel and sole.
4. Get the scrub and place it on your feet. The scrub’s natural pumice particles will get rid of any rough skin left over. When your feet are smooth, dip them back in the water to rinse.
5. Now get a nail filer from your manicure kit and start to clip shape your nails. Cut them down if needed.
6. Apply a few drops of your cuticle softener and remover at the base of each toenail and let them sit for a few minutes before you get the cuticle pusher from your manicure kit to push back the cuticles. Get a cuticle clipper if you want to cut away the cuticles.
7. Use the toe separator on both fit and then apply a base coat and let it dry. Get your favorite nail polish color next and then finish with your favorite top coat to make your home pedicure last!
8. Let the polish dry before going out and putting on shoes!
Find out more articles in Beauty category