Skin irritation after shaving disturbs many women. This delicate problem often manifests itself in areas with increased sensitivity: pubis, groin, the area under the armpits. Practical every woman who regularly uses a razor to get rid of unwanted hair, from time to time, faces a similar problem. This reaction of the body can be explained by the fact that the process of shaving also removes the layer of the epidermis. The tissue gets microscopic damage and tries to recover.
It also happens when razor bumps becomes too strong. Then it is best to give preference to other methods of hair removal. This can be both sugaring and wax depilation. And sometimes a simple study of the rules and nuances of using the shaving machine and skin care after removing unwanted hair is able to remedy the situation.
How to cure razor bumps
Often, women have a question, how to remove razor bumps, and even better – how to prevent it from occurring? To do this, it is enough to fulfill several elementary rules that help to deal with skin problems after shaving.
1) Begin the process of getting rid of the hairs only after taking a bath or shower, when the skin has become quite steamed and moisturized. The effectiveness of shaving at the same time increases, and the possible bumpsis reduced to a minimum.
2) For a more comfortable shaving, you should use special foams and gels, which today can be purchased at any store. These tools help raise the hairs from the surface of the skin, thereby facilitating the course of razor blades. Ignoring the means for shaving can lead to severe skin irritation. That’s one of the way how to get rid of red bumps after shaving.
3) It is necessary to change the razor or its cartridge in time, since the old blade can also have a harmful effect on the skin condition. Do not save on your own beauty and health. Blunted blade leads to the fact that a woman has to repeatedly use a razor for one and the same place on the skin, damaging the epidermis much more than usual. In the absence of a normal razor, it is better not to shave until the moment you purchase a new one.
4) A razor is an individual subject for caring for yourself, so do not lend it to anyone, otherwise you can not avoid bumps.
5) After each use of the razor, it must be washed under running water to avoid the possible multiplication of pathogens, which to a greater extent and provoke the development of irritation after hair removal.
6) If the skin is inflamed or covered with pimples, it is best not to injure it additionally by the shaving process. Fresh damage to the skin can lead to the spread of infection to other areas.
7) Professionals advise to remove hair in the direction of their growth, and not against it. With this method of shaving it will be difficult to achieve the ideal smoothness of the skin, but the chance of getting irritated is greatly reduced.
8) After removing hair, you need to soothe the skin with a special cream or lotion. The composition of such drugs contains panthenol and other substances that can remove inflammation of the skin.
9) With the strict observance of all the above rules, the occurrence of irritation is quite possible to avoid. If the discomfort still appears and does not go away for several days, it is best to choose another way to get rid of unwanted hair, ideally suited to the skin.
Razor bumps in bikini area
The emergence of razor bumps in the bikini area is facilitated by many factors. Synthetic panties or a poor-quality bathing suit can provoke irritation, as the skin is constantly in contact with these items of the women’s wardrobe. How to get rid of razor rash there?
The blunt razor blade can affect the irritation, which starts to remove the hairs badly, forcing the girl to go to the same place many times. For such a delicate zone, a specialized shaving machine is best suited.
The hairline in the bikini zone grows pretty quickly, which causes the girl to use the razor more often. The shaving process also severely damages the sensitive skin in this area.
The resulting irritation can be removed with the help of special ointments that contain hormones in their composition. But before using such ointments, it is best to consult a specialist, as improper and excessive use in some women can lead to the appearance of the skin of abscesses, which are very poorly treatable.
It is good to cope with irritation in the pubic zone using zinc ointment. This tool was very popular even in the previous times, when with its help they eliminated various inflammations on the skin of the body and face.
You can also use a recipe that avoids irritation and should be used before shaving. To do this, you need to grind several aspirin tablets, dilute the particles with water, and peel the bikini zone. After that, you need to remove excess hair with a shaving machine and soothe the skin, wiping it with hydrogen peroxide. Such manipulations will minimize the risk of irritation.
Razor bumps in the armpit area
If a girl prefers dry shaving in this area, the skin may feel uncomfortable and appear inflamed. To soothe the skin and relieve its irritation, it is necessary to prepare a decoction of mint and chamomile. Ingredients should be boiled on low heat, then for a couple of hours, insist in a dark place, cool to room temperature and apply to the damaged skin with sponge. Some of them help for how to get rid of razor bumps overnight.
If after shaving appeared ingrown hairs and pustules, then you should apply a camomile-based compress. On the surface of the skin, a gauze moistened in the decoction of this plant is applied. It will be enough to boil two tablespoons of grass on low heat. Marl should be fixed and left on the skin until the discomfort disappears. Hairs that have grown under the skin need to be freed with a sterile needle before compressing.
Hydrogen peroxide can also be used in any area that needs to remove unwanted hairs. Moreover, wipe the skin with 3% hydrogen peroxide, both before and after the procedure for getting rid of vegetation. The skin will be less inflamed and quickly calm down after shaving. If the skin is damaged very much, then you can wipe it with alcohol. This process is notable for its painfulness, but it will allow the wound to be disinfected and will contribute to their rapid healing.
Shaving is best done after taking a bath when the skin becomes softer. If the skin is very sensitive, it is better to use a shaving cream that will make the process more comfortable. Remove the hairs in the direction of their growth, so as not to irritate the follicles. After shaving, you need to wipe the skin with lotion, helping to get rid of redness and itching and preventing inflammation.
General tips for preventing razor bumps
Since for many women, the problem of skin irritation after depilation is quite urgent, we want to acquaint you with the recommendations of cosmetologists who will help if you do not get rid of irritation forever, then minimize it. Here are the recommendations:
Cosmetics based on hormones (hydrocortisone ointment, cream after shaving irritation)
Cosmetic products of this group have a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect, significantly reducing redness on the skin. However, it is often not advisable to use them; cosmetics based on hormones are addictive, and in some cases even contribute to the development of pustular wounds. Therefore, they should not be used more than 2-3 times a week.
Frequent change of razor blades
Everything is clear: a blunt blade can injure the delicate skin, and through the dirty – into the wound can get microorganisms that provoke irritation. Remember that “miser pays twice”, so use disposable machines no more than 2-3 times, and then under the condition of storage in complete purity.
Using electric razors
When using electric shavers, the skin is shaved more smoothly, so the risk of irritation is minimized. However, in this method of depilation there is a significant disadvantage: painful sensations in the area of intimate zones, which can not be sustained by far not every woman.
Ointments with a small content of benzene peroxide (2-5%)
Irritation on the skin of the ointment of this group (for example, Baziron) is removed quickly, neither in time nor in the frequency of use of limitations have. An essential shortcoming of these drugs is that they remove only the external symptoms, but do not relieve the skin of a sensitive reaction to the dilation.
Home remedies for razor bumps
The most effective and safe, and most importantly proven by generations of mothers and grandmothers are home remedies. They are quite easy to cook on their own at home. For this, only desire and medicinal herbs are needed, which are not difficult to obtain at the pharmacy. Here are a few simple recipes.
Decoction of chamomile and mint
In enameled dishes pour 1 tablespoon of mint and chamomile, add 0.5 liters (17 oz) of boiling water, cover and boil for 5-10 minutes. When the broth cools, strain through gauze. If irritation develops after shaving, moisten the wafer with a waffle towel or gauze and apply it to the place where irritation appears.
Infusion of birch leaves
To prepare the decoction, pour 70 ml (2.3 oz) of boiling water into the enamelware, then add 1 teaspoon of birch leaves and let it sit. After 1.5-2 hours, the resulting infusion is cooled and filtered. If irritation develops, moisten the gauze or waffle towel in the broth, then apply to the place where the irritation appears.
Compress with chamomile infusion
To prepare a compress, 1 teaspoon chamomile inflorescence should be poured into 0.2 liters (6.7 oz) of boiling water, then leave to infuse until completely cooled. Chilled infusion filter, moisten in it a waffle towel or gauze, and then apply to the place on which irritation appeared.
If the above recommendations do not help, then you should pay attention to special creams to remove unwanted hair. They least of all injure the hair follicles and, accordingly, irritation on the skin is less pronounced. Their only drawback is a strong unpleasant smell.
You only need to choose the most suitable for you personally option to combat skin irritation after shaving.