Jeans are a staple of everyone’s wardrobe. However, confronted with the latest models, you may feel overwhelmed by the variety of shapes and styles. Therefore, we have decided to prepare a mini crash course to help you find the pair that’s just right for you. Each model is a kind of mosaic, which is divided into three components:
- Rise – determines how the jeans sit on your waist: low rise, mid-rise, high rise or low crotch,
- Fit – this term refers to how wide or narrow jeans will be and how they will fit,
- Cut (flare type) – describe the legs of jeans, for example they can be narrowed, flared or straight.
- Rise types or waist height for jeans
- Models and styles of jeans (Fit)
- Types of flare (Cut)
- How to choose the right jeans for your figure?
Rise types or waist height for jeans
The upper part of a pair of jeans comes in 5 different versions:
Ultra or very low rise (Ultra low rise)
To pull off these jeans, you need to possess a flawless figure. The upper edge of the pants here is much lower than the pelvic bones, almost completely revealing the pubic area (an area which will have to be taken care of in advance). An option for incredibly brave girls.
This option was a real hit in the early 2000s, and to have such jeans was the sacred duty of every girl, regardless of the figure. The model is still in fashion today, but now you have to think through the image much more carefully. A short top in combination with a low waistline is a kind of time machine that will take you back 15 years, so try to avoid such combinations.
Medium fit (regular rise, medium rise)
Is considered the most versatile option suitable for any body shape. Here the upper edge is slightly higher or at the level of the pelvic bones and can be combined with absolutely any top!
Original rise is also called high rise
It follows the natural waistline and is at the level of the navel. For the last couple of years, this model is at the peak of popularity and is not going anywhere soon.
Models and styles of jeans (Fit)
There are not so many basic models, and you can distinguish between them at a glance:
Types of flare (Cut)
The part of the leg from the knee to the bottom hem has its own modifications:
How to choose the right jeans for your figure?
- For tall women, the best option is light, somewhat elongated jeans with a flared bottom. Low rise jeans are also an option. Avoid skinny jeans as they will only accentuate height.
- For petite ladies, narrow models are ideal, as well as styles with a straight, even cut. This will visually add a few centimeters to your height, and if you stretch the legs on your heel shoes, this will only enhance the effect of slimness and length.
- If nature has not endowed you with the ideal womanly figure, instead maintaining the body shape of a teenage girl, then light-colored jeans will improve upon what mother nature didn’t give you. Do not buy dark models. Choose high waisted pants in pastel, and neutral shades.
- Many of us are deprived of a graceful elegant waist. Stylists recommend an unexpected solution: buy skinny jeans a few sizes larger. This will visually increase the area of the hips, without squeezing the waist, and it will create the illusion of an hourglass figure.
- For those with larger bottoms, but a narrow waist, designers select unisex models, as they make the body more symmetrical.