Maybe you have heard about using apricot oil in your hair? It moisturizes and nourishes your scalp and prevents split ends. Not everyone knows how to use apricot oil, yet this product is almost universally popular. It is perfectly safe, and works wonders when used properly.
Benefits of apricot oil
Apricot oil, made by cold pressing the pits, is an environmentally friendly product. It contains a wide spectrum of vitamins and nutrients that are beneficial for the health of your hair, particularly vitamins A, B, C, E and F. This miracle cure has been widely used in cosmetology and is used both to improve skin and strengthen hair.
In order to understand exactly when to use apricot oil for your hair, it is important know these benefits:
- Intensive nutrition. Moisturizing products are common for your face and body, but your scalp also needs to be looked after. With regular care, dryness and itchiness can be prevented.
- Toning. Thanks to vital components, apricot oil restores the structure of hair and skin, making them healthier without the need to take additional vitamins.
- Cleanliness. No one is immune to the formation of micro cracks, and it often happens that people simply do not notice them. As a result, irritation and possibly inflammation occurs leading to the need for medication.
The main advantage in using apricot oil is its naturalness and ease of use. Make sure look for natural ingredients when choosing the right product as preservatives may cause irritation.
Apricot Hair Oil
In order to see results, simply rub apricot oil into your scalp a few hours before washing. This will restore shine and smoothness. This should be done 1-2 times a week, even if you wash your hair daily.
Those who are not accustomed to denying themselves rest on the beach, also need to bring apricot oil for the hair. It should be applied in the evening or at the very least half an hour before going out on the scorching sun. Thus, the probability of returning home with burnt or sun damaged hair falls to zero. But applying apricot oil for hair directly on the beach will be very harmful, because it will actually attract the scorching rays to itself.
Before hitting the beach you should also rub apricot oil into your scalp at least an hour beforehand. This is important, because if the oil hasn’t been absorbed it can damage your hair as it magnifies the effects of the sun.
Apricot oil works beautifully when used with the addition of almond oil, which is also very healthy for your scalp.
After use, make sure you thoroughly wash your hair as oils can aid the accumulation of dirt.
Apricot oil for face care
The popularity of apricot oil is due to the fact that it is good for the whole body. It also rarely causes allergic reactions. It can be used as a mask or as a cleansing agent. For a long term and visible effect, treatments with apricot oil should be done in courses. Typically, 10–15 sessions 2 to 3 times a week are beneficial.
Wrinkles are the result of age-related changes in your skin. As blood circulation, cell renewal and collagen production slows down. The components that make up apricot oil re-activate these processes.
Hot compress to eliminate wrinkles
Use apricot oil, chamomile and gauze: make sure to cut holes for your eyes, nose and mouth.
How to do it:
- In a container with a small amount of water, heat 3 tbsp. of apricot butter.
- Apply the oil mixture onto your face in several layers.
- Soak the gauze in a chamomile infusion, squeeze out and cover your face.
- After 30 minutes, remove the gauze and rub your skin with chamomile extract.
Apricot oil for the skin around your eyes
A simple and effective way to care for the area around your eyes, preventing dark circles and wrinkles, is to use apricot oil instead of cream. About an hour before bedtime, rub apricot oil into the skin around your eyes in a circular motion.
Compress to get rid of crow’s feet and tired-looking eyes.
Apricot oil for eyebrows and eyelashes
Apricot Lip Oil
Apricot oil for acne
Apricot oil is a great tool in getting rid of acne. Apply lightly to affected areas, leave it on for a few hours, and gently rinse. This can be enhanced by mixing with tea tree oil.